- Let's start with Kyle King launching a one man mission to have Erk Russell nominated for the college football Hall of Fame. Given that Kyle is now a member of the National Football Foundation, this isn't an unreasonable start to the process.
- Georgia inked an 8 year $92.8 million marketing and media rights deal with ISP Sports. Marc Weiszer wrote the only piece I've seen that really explains what the deal means to the fans. Here's the part that interested me:"Georgia will have a new media department of six to eight people that will ramp up the Bulldogs' Internet offerings at a redesigned georgiadogs.com. They will be employed by ISP.
Fans "will see more robust content to be delivered via non-traditional mechanisms, whether that be through the Web or wireless and handheld devices. ... and mediums that schools are just starting to reach into the realm of," said Alan Thomas, Georgia's associate athletic director for external affairs."
- RollBamaRoll has the best photo caption dealing with Bill Curry's return to Tuscaloosa in 2010 as Georgia State Coach. That game will be the biggest mismatch since Mike Tyson fought Robin Givens. As my buddy TheHootersWhisperer points out, "BillCurryFliesCoach.com" is available as a great GSU blog name.
- The 2010-2014 men's and women's SEC basketball tournament sites have been announced. The Georgia Dome will host two of the next five for the men, and the Gwinnett Arena will host three of the next five for the women.
- The Dawgs helped out at Camp Sunshine recently. Here are some great pics of our players working and playing with the kids.
- And according to the photo on AJC.com/sports page, it appears that Evil Dick from Big Brother 8 has a younger sibling, and he is now the GM of the Falcons.
June 18, 2009
Where to begin on a slow morning?